This post is part of a series:
- Data—are you riding the crest or drowning?
- Navigate the tide: Master the flow of your client data
- SalesPage and Salesforce: Integrating platforms for better data and engagement
The client data platform (CDP) was established as the foundation for a strong data strategy in the first white paper: Data—are you riding the crest or drowning? After data is consolidated into a single CDP, a strategy for handling data stewardship and finding balance between competing internal and industry views can be established.
In this second part of our 3-part story, we outline how you can choose and implement your client data strategy in the CDP and master the flow of your client data so that your entire organization can reap the benefits. Request a copy of Navigate the tide: Master the flow of your client data to learn how to:
- Master the flow of data, establish the proper flow of data to your systems and find the right mix of systematic handling and manual review
- Combine your specific view of the market with industry sources to align with your distribution vision
- Strike the balance between too much and too little when providing actionable data
In the original May 2018 release of this white paper, we referred to SalesPage as a Client Data Platform. After publishing the Best approach for data activation? CDP and distribution data platforms defined, we now differentiate SalesPage as a distribution data platform. The first two white papers in this series use the term CDP. The third white paper, revised in May 2022, uses the new terminology.